The US Department of Labor (DOL) has awarded Verizon Public Sector five Enterprise Infrastructure Solutions (EIS) task orders to modernize legacy network infrastructure including data, voice, unified communications, video services, and enterprise applications for its 20,000 users.
Verizon Public Sector’s partnership with the DOL will result in a highly secure, converged data and voice network across nearly 1,000 locations. This will drive the adoption of innovative technologies with a custom managed services solution that will support enterprise connectivity.
The five EIS task orders are below:
- Transform and modernize the DOL’s IT backbone with a new network architecture design to build a managed network with data, voice and toll-free services.
- Continue existing work to transform the DOL’s audio and web conferencing services through a number of customized use and flexibility options.
- Allow the immediate delivery of Content Delivery Network Services (CDNS) to create an enterprise-level cloud environment that will serve as the foundation for implementing Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS).
- Address DOL’s Managed Trusted Internet Protocol Service (MTIPS) and install MTIPS ports for the DOL’s seven data centers across the country.
- Support the deployment of Unified Communications Services (UCS) to accommodate all 20,000 DOL end-users. The UCS will integrate multiple methods of communication, including moving to IP-based voice and video services that will enable the DOL workforce to connect, collaborate and exchange information wirelessly and seamlessly.
Verizon Public Sector has successfully transitioned DOL’s Co-located Hosting Service (CHS) requirements from its previous GSA’s Networx contract to the EIS contract vehicle. This will help reduce DOL’s IT infrastructure and management costs and provide access to a data center environment that is scalable to the department’s changing needs.
“These awards further solidify our role as the end-to-end digital solutions provider for our government customers,” said Jennifer Chronis, SVP for Public Sector at Verizon. “Our next-generation technology and modernized network services are helping to transform the way DOL serves their constituents, today and into the future.”